Sugar House

Essentially located between 700 East and Foothill Drive and between 1300 and 3000 South.

Sugar House was established in 1853 and its name derives from the sugar beet test factory of the Deseret Manufacturing Company, which was established in a former blacksmith shop in the area. The name came as a suggestion from Margaret McMeans Smoot, the wife of then mayor of Salt Lake City, Abraham O. Smoot.

The beautiful Sugar House Park is located on the sight of Utah’s first state prison, Sugar House Prison, which was in operation until 1951 when it moved to Draper. The prison buildings were torn down to give way to an expansive city park and Highland High School.

Sugar House offers a tremendous location – downtown Salt Lake, the University of Utah and access to the Park City ski resorts are all within a 20 block radius from its epicenter. It is a very desirable and walkable area of Salt Lake City.

Available Properties In Sugar House

loading results...
 
 
Existing user sign in: 
Forgot Password?